Help:How to add maps to articles
You can now embed parts of hitchwiki.org/maps/ into articles on hitchwiki. It's quite simple:
- Go to hitchwiki.org/maps/, zoom to the place you want to embed and if you want, add some markers.
- Click on link here in the box to the left.
- A tag for hitchwiki will show up ("To include in hitchwiki.org:"). Just copy&paste this string (
<map lat='xx.xxxxxxxxxx' lng='x.xxx' zoom='xx' view='x' />) to your article.
There are some more parameters, that you can add:
float='right'to put in on the right of the page.
height='300'to change the size.
view='3'defines the source of map:
- "0" sets the standard Google Maps view
- "1" the satellite view
- "2" the satellite view including the map material
- "3" sets the OpenStreetMap material on first place.
country='United Kingdom'shows all the tips from the hitchwiki map of the specified country. Often, there are more tips than without adding this parameter.
If something doesn't work for you or you have questions, please contact MrTweek.
For some examples, see these articles: