Jump to navigation Jump to search
no edit summary
[[File:JumpOnER2.jpg|left|thumb|150px|Jumping on a moving commuter train ER2]]
[[File:Sapsan meets trainsurfers.jpg|right|thumb|250px|Roof riding on a commuter train in Russia]]
* Riding on the outside is a much more exciting way to travel by train than riding inside of it. You can feel the wind and observe your train during it's motion.
* Extended view of surrounding area. If you ride inside the train, you can only watch a small part of countryside and railway infrastructure through a side windows, especially if windows don't allow you to protrude from it. If you ride on the outside, you have a 180-degree or 360-degree panoramic view, which can be much more wide than a view from train driver's cab.
* Opportunity to travel by train for free, without having a ticket.
== External Links ==
* [http://thespoon.com/trainhop/train1b.html How to hop a freight train at thespoon.com]
* [http://squattheplanet.com/ squattheplanet.com] has some forums where you can find info