Hi! I'm Iris! MOAH = Mind of a Hitchhiker (www.mindofahitchhiker.com). I hitchhiked for the first time in September 2012 and have hitchhiked pretty much non-stop since November 2013. I travel on a Dutch passport.
Here's the list of countries I've hitchhiked (solo) in. All country pages I've made edits to are linked.
- The Netherlands
- Spain & the Canary Islands
- San Marino
- Georgia (+Abkhazia)
- Turkey (+ Northern Cyprus)
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Greece (Corfu)
- Moldova (+Transnistria)
- El Salvador
- Costa Rica
- Brazil mostly Brazil#Border_Crossings
- Argentina mainly the Cordoba sections
- Cabo Verde
I have.../I am.../I...
- Hitchhiked with three guys named "Chris" consecutively on the same day in Wales, in 2013.
- Never hitchhiked with a female truck driver
- Highest altitude hitched: 4700 something meters above sea level on the Paso Agua Negra border from Argentina to Chile
- Thought both Hummers and Smarts were in unhitchable until hitching a Smart in Tirana, Albania in 2015 with two people already present. 2020 update: still no Hummers in sight.
- Often get weed offered directly after stating saying I'm from the Netherlands
- Traumatized by hitching in Spain
- The superstition that a car will stop seconds after lighting up a cigarette (quit smoking as of April 2016)
- Chain smokes occasionally because of that ^ (not anymore)
- An avid freecamper
- Sometimes pretend to be driving in order to stay awake in the car (try it!)