What ideas do you have for 789, the upcoming second European Hitchhiking Week/ Event/ Gathering? Click edit and share your thoughts. If you create a profile, you can sign your messages by clicking on the second icon from the right.
european hitchhiking thing
At the 789 meeting there was the idea to found a sort of European Hitchhiking Association / umbrella thing, to connect the different hitchhiking clubs and to spread the word about meetings, races, events, etc. around hitchhiking and it's equivalents.
Here is some brainstorming about names for the thing, everybody is more than welcome to add his ideas, comments, suggestions, and so on...
Before submitting an idea, check if the domain is available! On linux, open a console and use "whois". Example: whois hitchmybitch.eu On other OS, use a website that does it for you. http://www.whois.net/ for example.
I put up those that got some comments. --Sitarane
- OFFICIAL INFORMATION :
For the moment european statut association doesn't exist cause there is too much different rights and laws in all countries. They work on it for 20 years but nothing have been approve...However, it's possible to create a federation in one country and put all association like hh clubs in. But it will working with the law of this country, not two, not three and it's registered in one place. Federation system is the same system of association, it cost 30€ in France.--MiSha 07:41, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
Name suggestion for the federation's website
- The Federation of European Hitchhikers
- I gave my reasons in the email, but I think it would be a big mistake to give it a name which obscures its purpose for not-very-intelligent members of the media or bureaucrats. Domain name would be eurohitch.org Somewhatofftheway 17:02, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I don't like the fact that the localisation (Europe) is in the name rather than the domain. Plus I don't like the fact that it's in english. Half Europe has Russian as at least a second language. That's why I favour something in a neutral language like esperanto. An acceptable solution would be to have two urls for the website. This one for the english speakers, and another one for the russian speaker (solution that I still find inferior to an esperanto name). Or to have 3 urls, the main one being the esperanto one. Other than that, I love it --Sitarane
- "eurohitch.org" is taken... By us already
- Not really democratic, but the name he's quiet cool, I'm for it --MiSha 07:42, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- "pick-up.eu" and "pickup.eu" are taken
- trampi (esperanto for hitchhiker)
- "trampi.eu" is free
- survoje (esperanto for on the way)
- "survoje.eu" is free
- blaffen (danish for hitchhiking)
- sounds funny --Platschi 15:47, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- why dannish ? think to communication if we choose a name like that, nobody will care about or remember...--MiSha 07:48, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- thats so cool, i like this. why don't call the 2010 789 thing blaffen fest --Quarim 07:37, 8 September 2009 (UTC)
- In french "baffe" is "a strong slap accross your face" --Sitarane
- petveturado (esperanto for hitchhiking)
- polesku ( esperanto for thumb)
- Sounds like something polish --Sitarane
- jump in
- unterwegs (german for sth. like along the way)
- dumvoje (esperanto for unterwegs)
- thumb up
- Kuda ( russian for where)
- MORE IDEAS? Feel free to comment on the ideas
As an answer to what some might say: 'no one takes hitchhikers any more' or 'no more hitchhikers', it might be a good idea, proposes Mirto, to collect the addresses of your drivers and to send them a (common?) postcard after the event. Like many people who hitched to 789 send a card to at least one driver with link to result page - so drivers can also feel how important it is and that they participated in this and that THEY actually made it happen.
> You might then develop simple forms with a 789 symbol, address of organisation, slogan or something like this, that all the drivers can fill out. That's certainly more trustworthy than a shabby piece of paper to write out those private data. It's a nice idea which may encourage especially those drivers to pick up hitchhikers more often, if they have the possibility. Encourage the hitchhikers to collec the addresses and let the hitchhikers pay for the postage and print costs at 789. --Fverhart 11:34, 15 August 2008 (CEST)
- Photogallery with portraits of many many drivers ??
Or, we make a list of all of drivers names so to make huge, global list with all of them - so we would just SEE/Show to the world how many helpful people are around here.
Moreover, About 30 people on the 888 project have slept in Misha mum's house ! Lena was thinking about everybody send her some postcards from their countries. The address is : Anne Marie Bouffier - 24 rue des écoles - 94140 Alfoville - France
Idea for a 789 slogan? There
Robino wants to put some effort together to set up a hitchhikers magazine, to be distributed at this event. There is already some work done for a Hitchhiking Zine, so we could take that idea some steps up.
- I'm interested in helping setting up this zine :) platschisite, wikitalk 09:14, 14 August 2008 (CEST)
The magazine idea is very much in progress. Most articles have been written. You can find more info here on the Random Roads-section. We want to put quite some 888/ 789 info in it as well. The launch, 'zero' issue is due for January 2009. Join in! --Robino 23:20, 19 November 2008 (UTC)
- still in progress :) planning to have it released before 789. Need some editors to correct articles. Get in touch with Robino 17:58, 15 June 2009 (UTC)
- The documentary project of the 888 project have been presented to some people at the cannes festival SEE THE TEASER THERE
- La Sophiste is editing two little reports about 789
- It can be very cool to explain hitchhiking by an other view, like don't make a documentary but a fiction or a compromit between those two things MiSha 09:17, 25 August 2008 (CEST)