Hitchwiki:OuiShare Fest Award
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Collaborative Consumption
- Open Knowledge
Please explain shortly how the initiative meets at least two of the OuiShare Awards selection criteria: 1. Community Power, 2. Commons, 3. Social Impact, 4. Business Model, 5. Replicability *
- Hitchwiki is created by hitchhikers across the world, no one was paid. It's enabling hitchhikers to move around much easier thanks to knowledge.
- Hitchwiki has over 3000 pages in English, and there are other languages as well. It's all licensed under the CC-BY-SA creative commons license. Software has been developed that is available under free software licenses, http://github.com/hitchwiki
- Hitchhiking is a great way to create social connections.
- Hitchwiki is a no budget project. The minimal costs (domain name and server) are covered by myself and friends.
- We've also started Trashwiki.org in 2008, for dumpster diving, and Nomadwiki.org in 2013, for low budget travel.