"It is when you are in a survival mode that you can see the best or the worst in people". Pascal Dumont.
Hitchhiking is more of a lifestyle that an actual means of transportation for me. I got hooked on hitchhiking pretty quickly because it is a way for me to:
- understand the effects of society on people
- understand the impact of the media on people
- understand the true nature of human beings
- see the best coming out of people
- share with others (I get a ride and I sometimes buy coffee) and contribute to a communautarian ideal
- to maintain a positive thinking
- to get a rush of adrenaline and real adventure
I consider my drivers as family members and actual teachers and learn something from every ride. I see hitchhiking as an actual school of living.