Hi I'm Zac. I'm a big advocate of anything free. I love free food, free homes, free clothes and especially free software. It's really encouraging for me to see how quickly the open source world is expanding. Wikipedia and other sources of free information (like the Hitch Wiki!) have grown into reputable publications, Linux has become so advanced and so user friendly at the same time that it makes paying for Windows or Mac obsolete. In fact, the only part of the digital world that seems to be struggling is the copyrighted portion. To me it is proof that another, free world is not only possible, but inevitable.
Hitchhiking Zine: Working on getting the first edition published. Hopefully this summer.
Questions that I need answered
- What am I supposed to put under "occupation" on immigration forms?
- Student invokes too many more questions, and college dropout invokes frowns.
- A friend of mine has "waiting for occupation", which may not be true, but who knows?
- How about "writer"?
- Be careful that they don't interpret "writer" to be "journalist" cause that might suck too. Freelance/self employed programmer? ;)
you hitch all the way. boats etc. just need time. check out this guy's blogpost http://hitchtheworld.com/2010/02/13/rough-seas-rainforest-and-being-marooned-crossing-the-darien-gap/ good luck :)
- How do these people I meet that say they've been traveling for about three years get past immigration without money or an employer to vouch for them?!
with a credit card? they never know how much money you have on it. also the "right" nationality helps i guess..