Ah ok, thanks... and sorry, still kinda new to editing pages and seeing how it works :) So it seems that every time I make an edit, it has to be verified if I don't make a preview... right? And verified by who.... the admins? Sorry if this sounds stupid... just looking for clarification. Thanks.
- I'm getting pretty fed up with your editing. like all the changes you made to Berlin. Immediately stop editing per section, if you want to make 30 changes on a page, edit the whole page, and click on "Show Preview" every now and then to see if your changes look OK, then continue editing.
- Do not change specific, understandable for every hitchhiker, German words into English ones, like Autobahn into motorway, or Rasthof/Raststätte into service station.
- Do not spell out the full name of despicable US hamburger restaurants. McD is good enough, just hamburger restaurant is better!
- Do not start lines with : to create indented lists, use '*' (dotted list) or '#* (numerical list) for this!
- As for verifications, some of the admins, and I'm one of them, have the RecentChanges page open all the time, and whenever they see edits appear, marked with a little red exclamation mark, they click on diffs to see what has changed. You made 28 changes to Berlin, where you could have, editing the whole page and using the "Show Preview, have done everything in maybe only one or two edits!
- I'm now facing the situation to undo many of your changes by doing so on separate copies of the page!
- If I see one more occurrence of a page changed more than three or four times, I will revert all edits to put it back into the state it was before you started editing it! Comprende? Prinoblog, talk 09:13, 11 June 2016 (CEST)
- Prino, this is absolutely ridiculous. How can you arbitrarily decide to block someone like this? (And blocking Drumroots from editing his own talk page is beyond excessive.) This is not your wiki, Prino; it is a collaborative effort. How do you get away with treating people like this? What gives you the right to make up rules? And where are these rules coming from? That you can’t write out the name of McDonald's? Seriously? Is there any consensus behind any of this? It seems to me you're forgetting rule #1. Also, why do you feel the need to patrol every edit and then demand that all editors adhere to your way of doing things? Is there consensus that this needs to be done? Did other people grant you this power? I really hope some other admins can weigh in here because this absolutely flies in the face of every point in the “spirt of cooperation” section of how we want to keep this wiki.
- I'm not going to wheel war with you over this, but at the very least, Drumroots should be able to edit his own talk page and engage in this conversation if he wants. -- Irningston (talk) 22:18, 11 June 2016 (CEST)
- Spirit of cooperation: Try to stay friendly, e.g. not "your stuff sucks so I deleted it", but "maybe you could try to do it like this or that the next time?" - I tried the second part!
- What is the use of an edit like this?
- I do not arbitrarily block someone, I've asked him here to change his ways.
- This is not my wiki, but as an admin I can take steps, based on my judgement, on what to do if people decide to ignore suggestions or warnings!
- Why do I feel I need to patrol edits? Because in the past we've had situations where spammers insert nearly undetectable spam, and a page is changed with valid changes after this happens, which disallows you to roll back all changes. And for what it's worth, you're also an admin, so you can also patrol pages, click on "diff" on the Recent Changes page on changes marked with a red exclamation mark, check that the user hasn't made a mess of things and click on "Mark as patrolled". And mess isn't just spam. CRCulver used to (not seen him for a very long time) also warn users not to write in first person, I usually correct this by changing such changes into third person, and/or into [[User:Whoever|Whoever]] links, if I see mangled English, I correct it, if people start lines with a space, resulting in unformatted text, I correct it, and there are probably more of this things.
- Why should we provide free advertising for an US hamburger joint?
- And finally, this is actually the first time that I've used my powers as admin to temporarily block someone, and I've given it a hell of lot of thought before I actually did so.
- Your job seems to be inserting "Welcome" messages, which I do not think they serve much of a purpose. I've asked you to hide them after putting them up, they just don't convey any useful information in the Recent Changes, but you are seemingly not interested, so I do it myself.
- And finally, why are you afraid to tell the world something about yourself? Who is Inrningston? Why don't you have proper user page?